- Students and staff may be required to wear face coverings when they have a cough or runny nose.
- Face coverings should not be worn when students are engaging in physical activity. Students who refuse to comply with the safety protocols adopted for in-person learning will be assigned to an online learning program pursuant to R.S. 15-841(F).
- Frequent hand washing/cleaning will be encouraged at regular intervals throughout the day with both soap and water or hand sanitizer. Instructions for hand washing include: Using soap and water, scrubbing for 20 seconds, and rinsing.
- Using paper towels to dry hands, turn sink handles, and open doors, then safely discarding.
- Using alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in all rooms.
School Campus and Classrooms
- Where possible, student seating will be arranged to maintain social distancing specifically during high transmission times.
- Assigned seating in classrooms will be implemented to help with social distancing.
- Where possible, social distancing will be maintained in open areas.
- Students will be encouraged to bring their own water to minimize use and touching of water fountains. Water fountains will only be used to fill water bottles.
- Signage will be posted in all rooms and common areas explaining hygiene practices to prevent spread.
- Students should stay home if they feel ill or are exhibiting symptoms of respiratory or other infection.
- Parents and guardians should assess their child’s health daily prior to bringing them to school.
- Students will be reminded of proper hygiene, including avoiding touching the eyes, nose, and mouth, and also covering the mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue and safely discarding tissues.
- If a child becomes ill at school, parents will be called and must pick up their child within one hour.
- Cleaning staff will be routinely cleaning restrooms, drinking fountains, lunchrooms, and common/high touch areas throughout the school day.
- Continued air quality will be maintained by cleaning all HVAC units and changing air filters as scheduled.