- Students and staff may be required to wear face coverings where 6 feet social distancing is not possible.
- Face coverings should not be worn when students are engaging in physical activity. Students who refuse to comply with the safety protocols adopted for in-person learning will be assigned to an online learning program pursuant to R.S. 15-841(F).
- Frequent hand washing/cleaning will be encouraged at regular intervals throughout the day with both soap and water or hand sanitizer. Instructions for hand washing include: Using soap and water, scrubbing for 20 seconds, and rinsing.
- Using paper towels to dry hands, turn sink handles, and open doors, then safely discarding.
- Using alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in all rooms.
School Campus and Classrooms
- Where possible, student seating will be arranged to maintain social distancing. Desks will be faced in the same direction, rather than facing each other, or students will sit on only one side of tables, spaced apart.
- Each student’s belongings will be separated from others’ and in individually labeled containers, cubbies, or areas.
- Assigned seating in classrooms will be implemented to help with social distancing.
- Where possible, social distancing will be maintained in open areas.
- Students will be encouraged to bring their own water to minimize use and touching of water fountains. Water fountains will only be used to fill water bottles.
- Signage will be posted in all rooms and common areas explaining hygiene practices to prevent spread.
- Where possible, adjustments to drop-off and pick-up routines will be made to facilitate social distancing. Families are asked to remain in their vehicles or wait outside during pick up and drop off.
- Students should stay home if they feel ill or are exhibiting symptoms of respiratory or other infection.
- Parents and guardians should assess their child’s health daily prior to bringing them to school.
- At the beginning of each day as students enter the classroom, teachers will informally screen students for respiratory symptoms and take their temperatures. If the teacher has concerns, they will send the student to the office for further evaluation and to call parents if necessary.
- Students will be reminded of proper hygiene, including avoiding touching the eyes, nose, and mouth, and also covering the mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue and safely discarding tissues.
- If a child becomes ill at school, parents will be called and must pick up their child within one hour.
- Cleaning staff will be routinely cleaning restrooms, drinking fountains, lunchrooms, and common/high touch areas throughout the school day.
- Continued air quality will be maintained by cleaning all HVAC units and changing air filters as scheduled.